News Bits: Adele’s ‘Skyfall’ Battling for No. 1 on U.K. Singles Chart + More
– Adele‘s much-buzzed-about new James Bong theme song, ‘Skyfall,’ seemed like a lock to snag the No. 1 position on the U.K. singles chart — until it wasn’t anymore. Apparent Swedish House Mafia’s ‘Don’t You Worry Child,’ featuring John Martin, is outperforming the Adele cut, which will need a late-week surge to overtake SHM.
– Dinosaur Jr. are marking the 25th birthday of their classic album ‘You’re Living All Over Me’ by releasing a live disc titled ‘Chocomel Daze (Live 1987),’ and you can preview the track ‘The Lung’ here. Feel old now? [Consequence of Sound]
– Real Estate member Matt Mondanile’s Ducktails side project has announced a January 2013 release for its debut album, ‘The Flower Lane.’ Listen to the disc’s title song and check out its official track listing while you count down the days until its arrival. [Brooklyn Vegan]
– Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba says the band’s upcoming Sin City residency will also mean spending a lot of time together in the recording studio. Could the not-long-at-all-awaited follow-up to ‘Chinese Democracy’ be arriving way sooner than most anybody wants, cares or expects? [Ultimate Classic Rock]
– What happens when Purity Ring team with a rapper? Good things. [Death + Taxes]