Roseanne Cash’s ‘The River & the Thread’ Is the Most-Played Americana LP of the Year
The Americana Music Association announced the 10 most-played Americana albums of 2014 today (Dec. 3), and Roseanne Cash’s ‘The River & the Thread’ took the No. 1 spot.
‘The River & the Thread’ surpassed runners-up Nickel Creek, whose first album in nearly a decade, ‘A Dotted Line,’ took second place. See the full list of rankings below, which includes Cash’s ex-husband Rodney Crowell’s ‘Tarpaper Sky’ in third place.
Cash performed ‘The River & the Thread’’s lead track, ‘A Feather’s Not a Bird,’ shortly after the album’s release at the beginning of the year on ‘Letterman.’ Check out that performance in the video above. She also opened up ‘ACL Presents: Americana Music Festival’ with a performance of the song -- watch that below:
Most-Played Americana Albums of 2014:
1. Rosanne Cash, 'The River & The Thread'
2. Nickel Creek, 'A Dotted Line'
3. Rodney Crowell, 'Tarpaper Sky'
4. Hard Working Americans, 'Hard Working Americans'
5. Old Crow Medicine Show, Remedy
6. Nikki Lane, All or Nothin'
7. Lake Street Dive, Bad Self Portraits
8. Shovels & Rope, Swimmin' Time
9. John Hiatt, Terms of My Surrender
10. Sturgill Simpson, Metamodern Sounds in Country Music