Martin Sexton’s New York Home Destroyed by Fire
“Martin Sexton’s home [in Saranac Lake, N.Y.] was completely destroyed by fire yesterday [Dec. 27],” the Facebook update reads. “Martin and family escaped with their lives unharmed.” Along with the update, a video of the house fire was also shared with the more than 27,000 Facebook fans:
“The fire apparently started at about dawn in the chimney and quickly engulfed the wood-framed structure,” the update goes on. “He [Sexton] said, ‘I thank God my family is safe and nothing else matters. We are blessed.’”
Sexton shared the aftermath of the fire on Twitter:
In the new year, Sexton will release his eighth studio album in more than two decades, ‘Mixtape of the Open Road.’ The LP features a creative mix of songs, written and performed by Sexton, that will cover a multitude of musical styles. The record hits store shelves on Feb. 10 -- get details here.
Diffuser would like to extend our deepest thoughts and condolences to Sexton and his family as they deal with this terrible situation.