Someone Actually Bought That $25,000 Weezer Trip to the Galapagos With Rivers Cuomo
Remember that deluxe, $25,000 'White Album' pre-order package Weezer were offering that included a bird-watching trip to the Galapagos with frontman Rivers Cuomo? Looks like somebody took the band up on their wildly preposterous offer.
Word about the extravagant package made the rounds yesterday and here's what the lucky(?) buyer purchased (you know, on top of a pre-order of the album and a bunch of merch):
- Take a Greyhound to the Galapagos with Rivers where you’ll stay only for a limited time
- Once you get to the islands, you’ll go bird watching to try and find the elusive White-cheeked pintail
- You’ll go on a catamaran ride to Charles Darwin Research Station
- Sing “the British are coming” with Rivers in the Galapagos but replace every lyric about “old king george” to “lonesome george”
- Enjoy your complimentary signed copy of the album and a pair of tickets to see the band on their summer tour with Panic! At The Disco
- Finally, you will be named King of the World for a day
However, the fine print for the deal also specified that whoever bought the deal would also have to pay for all Cuomo's expenses on the trip. So the final cost should be a decent amount more than $25,000.
But we wish him or her the best and look forward to what's sure to be a well-publicized trip to an island in the sun with Cuomo.