Killers Top Poll of Weirdest Song Lyric
In a recent poll to determine the weirdest song lyric of all time, the Killers have snagged top honors with their 2008 song ‘Human.’ The lyric in question? “Are we human or are we dancer?”
Yeah, we have no idea what the hell it means either.
The survey, conducted by online streaming service Blinkbox Music, set out to determine, once and for all, which song has the weirdest lyric. Two thousand adults were polled.
And the Killers fought off some stiff competition from legends like the Beatles and Michael Jackson to pop stars like Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepsen. And, of course, this being a British poll, Oasis just had to make an appearance.
The BBC reports that managing director Mark Bennett said, “It’s true that song lyrics are sometimes as crazy as a box of frogs, but then that’s show business. It would be a really boring world if everything was logical and made sense.”
Here’s the Top 10. See how many you can make sense of.
1. The Killers, ‘Human’ — “Are we human, or are we dancer?”
2. The Beatles, ‘I Am the Walrus’ — “I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus, goo goo g’joob.”
3. Michael Jackson, ‘Earth Song’ — “What about elephants? Have we lost their trust?”
4. Lionel Richie, ‘All Night Long’ — “Tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo.”
5. Carly Rae Jepsen, ‘Call Me Maybe’ — “Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad.”
6. Black Eyed Peas, ‘Boom Boom Pow’ — “Beats so big I’m stepping on leprechauns.”
7. Duran Duran, ‘The Reflex’ — “The reflex is an only child, he’s waiting in the park.”
8. Wham!, ‘Club Tropicana’ — “Club Tropicana, drinks are free, fun and sunshine, there’s enough for everyone, all that’s missing is the sea.”
9. Taylor Swift, ‘Love Story’ — “Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet.”
10. Oasis, ‘Champagne Supernova’ — “Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball.”
And here’s that Killers song, in all of its weird-lyric glory:
Subscribe to Diffuser.fm on