Marilyn Manson Sex Assault Case Dismissed
The Los Angeles Country District Attorney’s office said it had declined to pursue charges of sex assault against Marilyn Manson, citing the statute of limitations and “absence of corroboration” as reasons.
The unspecified charges had been filed in May this year and referred to events said to have taken place in 2011, including the alleged abduction of a woman for 48 hours.
Manson’s case was among several dismissed in a recent court filing, as authorities continue to investigate claims made against high-profile members of the entertainment industry as a result of the #MeToo awareness campaign. “Under current policy, the Los Angeles County District Attorney must investigate any claim of sexual abuse, no matter how outlandish,” Manson’s legal representative, Howard E. King, told the Hollywood Reporter. “It is not surprising that the District Attorney, after investigation, summarily rejected the claims made in a police report filed by a former acquaintance against Brian Warner p/k/a Marilyn Manson."
King noted that the "allegations made to the police were and are categorically denied by Mr. Warner and are either completely delusional or part of a calculated attempt to generate publicity for the claimant’s business of selling Manson memorabilia. The police report that spurred the investigation was accompanied by the woman’s press release and other attempts to generate publicity that fraudulently claimed she was held captive by Mr. Warner for 48 hours in 2011. Any claim of sexual impropriety or imprisonment at that, or any other, time is false."
Manson is currently touring North America with Rob Zombie on the Twins of Evil: The Second Coming road trip, which runs until Aug. 29.