David Byrne and Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy Create Group for Movie Soundtrack
Former Talking Heads singer David Byrne and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - real name Will Oldham - are teaming up for the soundtrack to the film This Must Be The Place. The duo will contribute five original songs to the compilation, which is due out later this month.
Byrne and Oldham have given their new project the endearing name of the Pieces of S---. This Must Be The Place takes its name from the Talking Heads song, which will open in movie theaters on April 6. The soundtrack will be available to buy starting on April 23. It boasts an impressive lineup including Iggy Pop, Trevor Green, Julia Kent, Jónsi & Alex and more.
This Must Be The Place tells the tale of retired Goth musician Cheyenne, played by Sean Penn, who is on the hunt for a former Nazi criminal that ordered his father's failed execution at a concentration camp during World War II. The inspiration from The Cure frontman Robert Smith is too obvious to be ignored. Just look at Cheyenne's hair. Watch the trailer for the film below.
This Must Be the Place Soundtrack
- 'Lord I’m Coming' - Gavin Friday
- 'Lay & Love' - The Pieces Of S---
- 'Open Up' - The Pieces Of S---
- 'Charmaine' - Mantonvanni & His Orchestra
- 'Arvo Part: Spiegel Im Spiegel' - Daniel Hope, Simon Mulligan
- 'This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)' - Trevor Green
- 'This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)' Live - David Byrne
- 'Gardemoen' - Julia Kent
- 'Happiness' - Jónsi & Alex
- 'Eliza' - The Pieces Of S---
- 'The Passenger' - Iggy Pop
- 'You Can Live It' - The Pieces Of S---
- 'Achilles' Heel' - Il Second Bounce - Brooklyn Rider
- 'If It Falls, It Falls' - The Pieces Of S---
- 'This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)' - Gloria
- 'Every Single Moment In My Life Is a Weary Wait' - Nuno Bruno E Le 8 Tracce
- 'The Sword Is Yours' - The Pieces Of S---