The Killers Release Charity Christmas Album, ‘Don’t Waste Your Wishes’
For the past decade, the Killers have released a single to benefit Bono's (RED) charity. Now, they've compiled all those tracks, added a new song and put them on album that they're calling Don't Waste Your Wishes.
According to Rolling Stone, it's available as of today exclusively through iTunes and Apple Music, but the band are releasing a limited-edition CD on Dec. 9. The track listing can be found below, and for full information, and to see the videos of the 10 previous songs they've recorded, visit the website they've created specifically for the project.
As for the new song, it's a take on the standard "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and is a duet with Ned Humphrey Hansen. If that name isn't as familiar as some of the other people with whom the Killers have recorded their previous Christmas singles, like Elton John or Dawes, it's because he was Brandon Flowers' fourth grade teacher. Flowers credits Hansen with teaching him the meaning behind the song, which was first recorded by Bing Crosby in 1943 and became a message of hope for soldiers who were overseas fighting in World War II.
The Killers are donating 100 percent of the proceeds from Don't Waste Your Wishes to the Global Fund via (RED), which seeks to end AIDS in Africa.
The Killers, 'Don't Waste Your Wishes' Track Listing
1."A Great Big Sled" featuring Toni Halliday
2. "Don’t Shoot Me Santa" featuring Ryan Pardey
3. "Joseph, Better You Than Me" featuring Elton John and Neil Tennant
4. "¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe!" featuring Wild Light and Mariachi El Bronx
6."The Cowboys’ Christmas Ball"
7. "Feel It In My Bones" featuring Ryan Pardey
8. "Christmas In L.A." featuring Dawes
9. "Joel The Lump Of Coal" featuring Jimmy Kimmel
10. "Dirt Sledding" featuring Ryan Pardey and Richard Dreyfuss
11. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" featuring Ned Humphrey Hansen
The Killers' Albums Ranked in Order of Awesomeness